MOVIE MARKETING NEWS AND COMMENTARY...
lots of commentary

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Podcasting??

Once you are tired of reading people's rants and would rather just listen to them, or maybe you are on the go and can't have your computer screen in front of you, podcasts are definitely your thing. Still relatively new (history of podcasting), we are still trying to figure out how to use this technology for something constructive instead of simply a distraction from my homework... umm, Ricky Gervais.

One of those new constructive ideas is to start using podcasts to inform professionals about their profession and all the new things going on with it. In the field of Marketing you already have a few. Across the Sound, and Marketing Edge are a couple good ones. Smart well-informed people telling the rest of what we should know through the magic of podcasting.

What do I think about the podcast? I am pro-podcast my friends. Spreading the news and trends in the advertising world via podcast is a great system. Podcasts can be made quickly and easily, making them more current than other media that takes a long time to produce and distribute. Plus, anyone can make a podcast (click here to make yours). This means you have a lot of people talking about current issues. That sounds like one fantastic conversation. I can load five or six opinions about a current issue into my iPod and then hit the road. Conversations with trade experts on my way to office. That is a better jump-start to my day than my favorite Starbucks mocha kappa latte.

Advertisers are not the only ones using podcasts for professionals. Here is one for educators. In this episode they are actually talking about why you too should podcast. Smart dudes.


No comments: